SmartClean™ takes pride in being able to tackle the toughest cleaning jobs and now with the Clorox® Total 360® System, we can do so faster and more efficiently than ever before.
DES MOINES, Iowa, May 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — SmartClean™ is thrilled to announce our latest investment to enhance our cleaning offerings and better tackle even the toughest jobs: the Clorox® Total 360® System. The Clorox® Total 360® System uses electrostatic technology to enable superior surface coverage and more effectively eliminate illness-causing pathogens, helping us provide our customers with top quality service and ensure the safety of their environments.
This flu season proved challenging for all states including Iowa – for example, in the span of a single week, three long term care facilities experienced influenza outbreaks.1 Outbreaks have severe and far-reaching effects on our customers between facility closures, absenteeism and losses in productivity. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), on average, productivity losses related to absenteeism costs employers $1,685 per employee annually. The illness-causing germs that contribute to high rates of absenteeism can survive on surfaces from days to months making comprehensive cleaning and disinfection critical to safeguarding facilities’ environments.
SmartClean™ strives to provide only the best services and solutions of our customers, which is why we chose to invest in the Clorox® Total 360® System. With the addition of cutting-edge electrostatic technology, we found we could deliver our customers a higher value as it allows us to do our job faster and more efficiently – the system can cover up to 18,000 sq. ft. per hour, using 65% less solution and working up to four times faster than traditional cleaners.
The Clorox® Total 360® System works by using electrostatic technology to charge Clorox® disinfecting and sanitizing solutions. The charge attracts the solutions to surrounding surfaces with a force stronger than gravity allowing them to uniformly wrap and coat surfaces, including even the hardest-to-reach areas that can be often missed by manual cleaning.
“SmartClean™ is about being able to tackle any job asked of us by a customer, no matter how tough. The Clorox® Total 360® System goes above and beyond traditional cleaning methods. Its proven electrostatic technology offers a safe way to cover more surface areas while eliminating illness-causing germs. This is a much more efficient and effective way of cleaning for our customers while saving our employees time and labor,” said Zelko Francic, President, SmartClean™.
Since purchasing the electrostatic sprayer, SmartClean™ has already received positive feedback from customers. “All of our customers are asking for this product to be brought into their facilities – after the tough flu season we experienced, preventing illness is top of mind for our customers. The customers we have serviced with the Clorox® Total 360® System could not be more impressed.”
SmartClean™ uses the Clorox® Total 360® System to treat a wide range of Central Iowa-area facilities – from health and medical clinics to office buildings. There’s not a facility we clean which wouldn’t benefit from this safe and effective electrostatic technology cleaning system.
To learn more about the Clorox® Total 360® System, visit www.cloroxtotal360.com.
SmartClean™ Cleaning & Maintenance is a West Des Moines, Iowa, cleaning and maintenance company that specializes in environmentally safe, green-cleaning solutions for your office, commercial, warehouse or industrial space in Central Iowa. SmartClean™ is the only cleaning company in Iowa to achieve 100% CIMS Green Building Certification. For more information on SmartClean™, please visit: www.SmartCleanIowa.com.
1 Influenza-like Illness (ILI) and Other Respiratory Viruses Weekly Activity Report, For the week ending March 17, 2018 – Week 11. http://idph.iowa.gov/Portals/1/userfiles/79/Reports/Flu%20Reports/IA%20Influenza%20Report%20-%20Week%2011%202018.pdf. Accessed Mar. 29, 2018
At SmartClean, we like to do things differently than others. We go above and beyond when it comes to commercial cleaning services. Between our equipment and techniques, SmartClean finds unique ways to be environmentally friendly and green. Today we are going to explain why we use microfiber rags instead of paper towels.
Paper towels may be easily accessible andwidely used by cleaning companies when dusting and disinfecting surfaces, but they may not be the best choice for your office. Here are three reasons to choose microfiber technology.
- Microfiber cloths are cost-effective. A roll of paper towel might be cheaper than the cost of a pack of microfiber cloths, however, when you calculate the ongoing expense of purchasing new rolls of paper towel, microfiber cloths offer the greatest savings.
- Microfiber cloths are “green.”Wash and reuse – it’s that easy. These cloths save money and reduce waste. Besides, reducing paper towel consumption is the simplest way to go green. The also dry much faster than regular cloths so it makes us use our time more wisely.
- Microfiber cloths absorb spills and trap dust better than paper towels.Not only do paper towels do a poor job eliminating dust, they often leave residue on surfaces. When it comes to using microfiber on glass, it doesn’t leave streaks like paper towels do.
SmartClean is CIMS-GB certified which means we have put countless hours into perfecting our cleaning process, training programs, and overall operation. Microfiber is just one example of how we make an effort to keep our processes green building friendly. We also use equipment such as vacuums that have HEPA filters and use low energy. On top of these green processes, it is also better for our employees and their health.
We take pride in caring about all aspects of our employees’ health and the happiness of our clients.
Why Should You Clean Your Carpets More In The Office Building?
The thing about carpet is that it can be very dirty without visibly showing it, so it is a common mistake to be under the illusion that your carpet is clean, when in fact, it is not. However, whether it is visible (yet) or not, each day soil and other dirt particles get tracked from outside the building into the carpet from the shoes the employees are wearing. What does this mean exactly? When soil and other dirt particles sink below the surface of the carpet, it will cause the carpet to grind each time there is pressure on it. When the carpet grinds together like this, it starts to wear down a lot quicker than usual. While many businesses think that hiring a cleaning company is expensive, neglecting to hire a cleaning company is really the expensive part. You will need to replace your carpets a lot quicker if you are not regularly cleaning them. The other major thing that is effected by neglecting to clean your carpets is the air quality in your office building. Since most, if not all, office buildings don’t open their windows for ventilation, a lot of the same air gets circulated throughout the building. If your carpets are full of dust/dirt/soil, it will then begin to circulate into the air and get inhaled by employees. This is not healthy, and will often times cause the employees to get sick more frequently.
If your office building gets cleaned regularly, the air quality will be much better and your carpets’ lifespan will double. Don’t make the mistake to place cleaning to the side.
Give us a call today if you are interested in learning more about what we can do for you or if you would like a quote. 515-331-8940.
When you think of green cleaning, what comes to mind? For most people, a common is response, “environmentally friendly chemicals?” While this is true, green cleaning is is so much more than that.
Green cleaning refers to using cleaning methods and products with environmentally friendly ingredients and procedures which are designed to preserve human health and environmental quality. For example, all of our equipment does not rise above 70 decibels, which is the highest sound level that a human ear can tolerate without feeling discomfort. In other words, you won’t cringe or feel annoyance while listening to our equipment. All of our equipment contains hepa filters and can be set on eco-mode, meaning that it will require less water supply than normal to get the job done. These are just a few examples of the many advantages our equipment offers to your company.
SmartClean is the only company in Iowa that has the CIMS-GB certification, which demonstrates our commitment to sustainability and green cleaning. Although we could have stopped with just the CIMS certification, we took it one step further to obtain our GB certification as well to denote our passion towards green cleaning. With this GB certification, our equipment gets checked more frequently to make sure everything’s running properly and working as efficiently as possible. There is also an extensive amount of training that comes with the CIMS-GB certification.
In addition to the benefits mentioned earlier, there will be better air quality resulting from using our products and just an overall better cleaning quality. We truly care about the safety and health of both our employees and yours. Once you go green, you will never go back!
If you are interested in learning more about our CIMS-GB certification or our company, give us a call at 515-331-8940.
What is a Lunch and Learn?
- We are starting something new this summer called a Lunch and Learn. A Lunch and Learn is an event where we provide you with lunch and then give you a short presentation over your lunch hour that will inform you about our company and the benefits of working with us.
Hosting a Lunch and Learn?
- Why host a Lunch and Learn? Well the first reason is simple – you get free food! There’s not much better than that. We also promise that everything we talk about will be relevant and entertaining, we won’t bore you over your lunch hour. And lastly, you will learn why it is beneficial to use Smart Clean in all of your commercial buildings.
Benefits of a Lunch and Learn
- Lunch and Learns provide employees with an interesting alternative to a typical lunch break
- Time is always the issue. Instead of working to set up meetings or squeeze time in to meet with people, a Lunch and Learn is the perfect solution for you. You will have the opportunity to learn more about our company without having to schedule time to meet with us. You also get free lunch, we can’t forget that part.
- Lunch and Learn programs offer a non-threatening and fun method for extending learning and stimulating the energy and creativity in the workplace
What to Expect?
- We will provide you with a few different options for lunch, and you get to choose which one sounds best (they will all be good options)! Then, you just have to let us know the time and place and we will show up with the food!
Be a Host
- If you are interested in hosting a Lunch and Learn event at your workplace – which you should be – all you have to do is call us at 515-331-8940.
We get this question about our green cleaning services a lot. What’s so different about SmartClean? I just need a simple janitorial cleaning services to get the job done.
Besides some of our reasons why, we will start with this. Did you know that a study from Harvard University came out stating that millennials in the workplace care more about working for an environmentally conscious company than ever before? Here’s how SmartClean can help your office get going in the right direction.
- We are certified by ISSA to meet all the requirements for the Cleaning Industry Management Standard- Green Building (CIMS-GB) certification. This is not just a piece of paper saying we are a green cleaning company. It’s so much more than that. CIMS-GB is used in SmartClean’s daily operations. From how we manage employees to policies and procedures and the EPA certified chemicals we use.
- We are so passionate about the environment and the future, we have dedicated ourselves to being green in every building we work with, not just LEED-certified buildings.
- So what? We are giving you all of this valuable information because whether you are the owner of an office building with tenants or you run the warehouse, you will have an employee ask what you’re doing to help the environment and be sustainable. Lucky for you, SmartClean can help make your transition to green cleaning easier.
- Not only do we care about the environment, we care about how we run our operations. Our cleaning crew is the backbone of our company, so we need to keep them safe and free from injury. Not only are our chemicals safe for your building, they are safe for our employees to use each day without causing any respiratory issues. We also use the most ergonomic and high tech equipment to keep them safe.
All in all, it is your choice who you choose to clean your premises. But remember that SmartClean provides an easy transition when switching to our services, we are environmentally conscious, and we go above and beyond with all of the cleaning services we provide. Contact us today to learn more about our services.